Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to The Learning Center
The Learning Center (TLC) is a free tutoring service located on the first floor of the Fr. Leonard Alvey Library. Offering both open hours and scheduled, one-on-one, tutoring sessions for all Brescia students, on campus and online, the tutoring services are provided by staff and student tutors. During the open hours, any student who needs help with math and writing can stop by and find tutors ready to help. Tutoring for other courses is available upon request and subject to current tutor availability. To register for one-on-one tutoring, on campus and online, please complete this tutoring request form.
Tutor Request Form
Be sure to visit the other resources offered to you from the Learning Center:
Finding Help with Math and Writing
Library Research Help Citing Sources
The library hosts a plethora of research resources. Use this link to access.
Adult Learning Center
The library hosts the Learning Express Library found in the database for Brescia University. Here you can find a plethora of math and writing help.
APA Style for Research
Work through the Atomic Learning lesson for using APA style for writing.
MLA through Atomic Learning
This tutorial found in the library database in Atomic Learning will be a sure way to improve your grades for writing research papers using MLA.
Best Experience from the TLC
What You Will Receive From Student Tutoring Services:
- You will receive one-on-one weekly tutoring sessions.
- During your session, your tutor will act as a guide to assist you in finding and correcting your own mistakes. Tutors WILL NOT do homework or correct papers for you. Come to tutoring sessions prepared to work.
- Your tutor will communicate on weekly or bi-weekly basis with your instructor to monitor your academic progress and adjust tutoring approached and practices to best suit your needs.
- Once your tutoring time is scheduled, you are STRONGLY DISCOURAGED from changing the time and day of your session. Therefore, it is important that you choose your tutoring times very wisely and consider it a set time commitment.
- Be on time for your scheduled tutoring sessions.
- Attend sessions regularly. Three absences will result in the termination of your tutoring. To be reinstated, you will have to meet with the Director of the Ursuline Center for Teaching and Learning and present an argument for why you should be considered for continuation of tutoring.
- Rescheduling requests must be made by calling the Tutoring Services Coordinator, Sharon Kasinger, at 270-686-9573 at least one hour before the scheduled tutoring time.
- If you must miss tutoring, please show respect for your tutor by contacting the Tutoring Services Coordinator or tutor.
- Come prepared for your tutoring session. Bring your textbook, assignments, and all other necessary materials with you to your tutoring session. If you do not come prepared, the tutor reserves the right to cancel the session, which will then count as an absence.
Avoiding Death by PowerPoint
Using the Presentation Zen by Gar Reynolds, this sway will lead you through ideas for improving your presentations.
This sway will direct you through several professional development sources for improving leadership.
Atomic Learning Data Base
Learning Cloud Professional Development & Training Solution
- Why search here?
Learn advanced skills, prepare for new positions or careers, share concepts and ideas with groups or train your students, teammates or colleagues, and earn CEU credits.
- What's included?
Dive into more than 80,000 microlearning videos and hundreds of professionally developed courses designed to help you master new skills, practice concepts, share ideas, and assess learning.