The Fr. Leonard Alvey Library staff are committed to providing instruction in the use of information resources fulfilled in a student centered environment. Each Library isntruction session is designed to incorporate one or more of the Information Literacy standards:
1. Determine the extent of information needed
2. Access needed information effectively and efficiently
3. Evaluate information and its sources critically
4. Use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose
5. Access and use information ethically and legally
Faculty requesting instruction are asked to notify the librarian at least one week before the instruction is needed. There must be a library assignment required in the class. The faculty are asked to supply the syllabus and as much information about the library assignment as possible to the librarian. To get the ball rolling, please Link to the form below and submit. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.